This is an introduction to Emotional Intelligence in the workplace.In this bite size work shop participants will explore what EI is and why it is so important in the contemporary workplace.This is for anyone:
- In any industry
- At any level of management (even aspiring managers!)
- Who is currently, or may find them self, leading a team.
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating high performance, thereby motivating others to do things effectively and efficiently. Emotional intelligence is a key attribute that helps leaders achieve this function. There is a wealth of literature detailing the impact emotion has on individuals’ performance. This research has shown, for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. This research has also shown that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
During this program, you will improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence and we will also:
- explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence,
- examine tools and techniques for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback,
- explore techniques for developing self and other awareness,
- examine how we can use reactive and proactive techniques to build our resilience and effectively manage strong emotions, and
- explore an approach for facilitating engagement discussions with staff members.